Thanks for the welcome.
I currently have an i4 M50 and my wife has an iX 50. Both very different vehicles with their own advantages but both are quick, quiet, handle well, are economical to run and put a smile on your face when you drive them.
Having had multiple 5 series previous to the i4, I prefer the way the 5 series drive at my age, particularly highway driving. So, I am looking forward to the new 5 series in general and know that it was designed with an electric power plant as an option as opposed to the i4 which was a retrofit of the current model.
I am hoping:
- that the idrive 8.5 brings multiple software enhancements, particularly with self driving, hoping it will be level 3 capable either initially or as an OTA upgrade after 6-12 months.
- the batttery range is greater than the i4, preferably 300 miles or greater
- acceleration is similar to the i4 (I will be ordering the M60)
- they incorporate the iX panoramic moonroof but have more options to make it darker and brighter
- the onboard charger is increased as 80amp level 2 charger are available for home charging now
- the battery warranty will be extended
- the car is fun to drive.